Aquarian Teacher Training LEVEL ONE — Instructor (Foundations)
The Vision of our KRI Aquarian Teacher Training Programs is to produce teachers of Kundalini Yoga who demonstrate awareness in consciousness, excellence in teaching skills, and serve as an example of depth and maturity of character. To achieve this, Yogi Bhajan, the Master of Kundalini Yoga, directed three stages of training with its own tasks, criteria and disciplines. Yoga West currently provides the First, Second and Third stages of training and supports them with a highly qualified and renowned training team. This program is offered in Vancouver.
The KRI Level One Aquarian Teacher Training Program is a 220-hour professional certification program in Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan ®. An interactive course in the theory, practice, and basic skills of a Kundalini Yoga instructor, it includes 180 hours of classroom instruction and 40 hours of independent study: service projects, a 40-day meditation, and White Tantric Yoga. Graduates of Level One earn the title of KRI Certified Instructor of Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan® and fulfill the Yoga Alliance RYT Registered Yoga Teacher 200-hour requirement.
Foundations introduces the student to the principles and practices of the self-sensory human, and explores how Kundalini Yoga and yogic lifestyle can harmonize and uplift the human experience and awaken your true potential.
There are six principle components in a LEVEL ONE program:
Kriya and Meditation: The foundation of Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan®
The theory and practice of Kundalini Yoga kriyas (yoga sets), asanas, and mudras. Explore the nature of the mind and its training through Kundalini Yoga meditations, mantras, and pranayam (breathing techniques).
Humanology and Philosophy: The Lifestyle of a Kundalini Yoga Teacher
The history and tradition of Kundalini Yoga, as well as the underlying philosophy behind all yogic practices. The technologies of Kundalini Yoga as they apply to healing and humanology (the science of daily living), including DIET, nutrition, and relationships.
Anatomy & Physiology: Essentials of Yogic and Functional Anatomy
Traditional Western anatomy, its purpose and function, including the respiratory, nervous, immune, musculoskeletal, circulatory, endocrine, and DIGESTIVE SYSTEMS and their relation to the practice and teaching of yoga. Also Yogic anatomy and the energy systems of the body including the chakras, nadis, pranas and vayus, and the ten yogic bodies.
Consciousness of a Teacher: Virtues and Values of Living in the Golden Chain
The skills and techniques to become an effective instructor, including practical strategies for teaching beginners, ethical guidelines, curriculum development, and the transformational role of the teacher in developing a successful yoga practice.
The Master’s Touch: Cultivating a Connection to the Master
Connect with Yogi Bhajan through DVD classes and study.
The Practicum: Teaching from Day One
Practical experience instructing a yoga class under the supervision of a KRI Yoga Teacher Trainer, receiving written evaluation and student feedback.
10 Reasons to Choose KRI Certified Teacher Training
Our Yoga West Teacher Training is a renowned KRI Certified Program.
When you make the big decision to become a certified yoga teacher, you are faced with many options. If Kundalini Yoga is your calling, then the Kundalini Research Institute (KRI) is the place to be! KRI is the only official training organization that promotes the teachings of Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan®. A dedicated team of experienced yoga professionals administer the
KRI Aquarian Teacher Program in over 50 countries and 22 languages worldwide.
Here are 10 good reasons to choose a KRI Certified Program for your training:
- KRI offers the only approved Teacher Training Programs in Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan®.
- International standards and certification levels assure all programs deliver a consistent quality.
- You will always find top quality Teacher Trainers who have the depth of knowledge and experience required to guide you.
- Level One Teacher Training curriculum was developed over many years by dedicated and experienced teachers and trainers.
- You are given one-on- one trainer support each step of the way to make sure you get what you need and help you complete the program.
- There is continuing support for you as a teacher and a student, long after your receive your certification.
- Certification qualities you for membership in a professional association of Kundalini Yoga teachers that is a valuable networking opportunity.
- Deepen your development as a Kundalini Yoga Teacher with a three-level approach to Certification.
- KRI maintains adherence to ethical and professional standards throughout the International community of Kundalini Yoga Teachers and Trainers.
- KRI offers a wide range of resources for both teachers and students to continually expand and deepen their teaching practice.
Here are reasons why to choose the outstanding Yoga West Teacher Training Program:
1) We are pioneers in the Teacher Training domain, entering our 28th year of offering Level One Teacher Training here in Vancouver.
2) We have an outstanding Team of Trainers to serve you, with decades of experience.
3) The Lead Trainer, Guru Raj Kaur Khalsa, brought Kundalini Yoga to Vancouver 45 years ago and is a Senior Legacy Teacher of this Dharma.
4) The Yoga West studio offers a profound support before, during, and after your Teacher Training Program.
5) Your group will be a large, dynamic, and diverse group which offers an exciting experience of group consciousness.
6) The Yoga West Program is structured, professional, and experienced, offering you a sure formula for success!
7) Our Yoga West Program is renowned for it’s excellence.
Dates and course hours for Vancouver Program:
Fridays 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Saturdays 8:00am - 9:00pm
Sundays 9:30am - 4:45pm
2017 - 2018
Oct. 20, 21, 22, 2017
Nov. 10, 11, 12, 2017
White Tantric Yoga | November 18, 2017
Dec. 15, 16, 17, 2017
Jan. 12, 13, 14, 2018
Feb. 16, 17, 18, 2018
March 16, 17, 18, 2018
April 13, 14, 15, 2018
May 11, 12, 13, 2018
Payment Schedule & Registration Cost (Vancouver):
Submitted with your application: a non-refundable fee of $200 (deposit)
SPECIAL EARLY BIRD PRICE:
Total tuition $3750 ($3550 + $200 deposit) if paid in full by Saturday, September 23, 2017 (EXTENDED till Wednesday, September 27th, 2017)
AFTER SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 23, 2017
(EXTENDED till Wednesday, September 27th, 2017):
Tuition $3900 ($3700 + $200 deposit) paid in full by Wednesday, October 18, 2017
Payment plan — add $150 administration fee ($3900 + $150 = $4050)
Total tuition $4050 paid in the following 3 payments:
1) $2000 (after $200 deposit) paid by October 18, 2017
2) $925 paid by December 16, 2017
3) $925 paid by March 10, 2018
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Wednesday, October 18th, 2017
To register for the program download this registration package. Read all forms and agreements completely, and fill them out legibly. Once completed they can be mailed to, or dropped off at:
Yoga West | 2662 W 4th Ave. | Vancouver, BC | V6K 1P7
Please note that you must need to submit a $200 non-refundable deposit with your registration forms.
Before you are admitted to the course you are required to attend a short entrance interview with the teacher trainers. Yoga West will call you after your registration package has been received to book an interview appointment.
Interested in Teacher Training, but have more questions? Please ask here and we will be happy to send you more information.